Stillwater today and tomorrow - Talent, growth and financial stability

Stillwater is a seasoned mix of talented insurance industry professionals. We bring out the best in each other to provide bigger and better solutions to our customers' and agents' needs.

We serve customers in all 50 states, providing a suite of essential personal insurance products, and a growing line of commercial products.

Our reputation rivals any in the insurance industry. We have earned an "A-" rating from AM Best, reflecting our "Excellent" financial strength; and "A" rating from Demotech, Inc., reflecting our "Exceptional" financial stability; and an "A+" rating from the Better Business Bureau, reflecting our commitment to transparency, responsiveness, integrity and delivering on the promises we make.

The vision and passion that fueled our early growth is the core to our continued success. We are spun from one of the country's leading financial services firms, Fidelity National Financial (FNF). We hire the best people and respond quickly and strategically to changes in the market. We adapt easily to new technology, and help customers and agents use it to their advantage. We deliver innovative products tuned to peoples' needs. And, we offer financial stability that gives consumers the confidence they've made the right choice of insurer.

Everything we do is designed to deliver smart, fast and strong services that make life easier for our customers. We work hard, every day, to earn that respect. In short, we aim to do what's right. Always.

A story of entrepreneurship, vision and customer focus

Stillwater was founded in 2000 as the Fidelity National Property and Casualty Insurance Group, a branch of FNF, the country's largest provider of commercial and residential title and mortgage services.

Since its beginning, Stillwater has been under the direct leadership of President and CEO Mark Davey. Through setting up a managing general agency (MGA) and purchasing Anza Insurance (to be renamed Fidelity National Insurance Company), he formed the sales and underwriting core of FNF's insurance division - as well as the "seed" of the group of companies that would one day be branded as "Stillwater."

By 2002, the insurance division of FNF had rapidly expanded its geographic footprint and was ready to move beyond the Golden State. Fueled by vision and a passion for the industry and its customers, Davey and his growing team executed a strategy of both forming and acquiring additional companies.

The strategy helped the division grow its business volume, as well as the division's talent, product breadth and technology capabilities - all critical elements of a customer-focused insurance provider.

Establishing a brand

In 2005, the catastrophic hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma brought with them an aftermath of long-lasting changes for not only the Gulf region, but also the entire property and casualty insurance industry.

The severe weather and high storm activity that followed over the next few years was an abrupt reminder of the risks borne by an insurance provider. Affirming its true focus on title and mortgage services, FNF made a strategic decision to exit the property and casualty insurance market.

Not wanting to abandon what he and his employees had built - or the customers they served - Davey organized a group of investors to make a bid. On May 1, 2012, they bought 85 percent of the outstanding shares of FNF's P&C operations. Another investor group bought the flood operations. The remaining 15 percent of FNF's P&C operations were purchased on June 16, 2016.

Backed with capital and more than 250 experienced and passionate team members, FNF's former P&C division was rebranded as the Stillwater Insurance Group.

Our Companies

The Stillwater Insurance Group is made up of three separate companies: Stillwater Insurance Company; Stillwater Insurance Services, Inc; and Stillwater Property and Casualty Insurance Company. We have offices in Jacksonville FL; Jericho NY; and Omaha NE. Our home office address is 6800 Southpoint Parkway, Suite 700 Jacksonville, FL 32216.

SIC-logo SIS-logo SPAC-logo